Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
I'm trying to install a new Airport Express to run 802.11n on my MacBook Pro. I just get a blinking amber light. My service provider is Time Warner in NY. My old airport worked just fine. I've loaded the utility disk and also downloaded the new patch and still just have blinking amber. I see at the Apple site people talk of problems with this. Any suggestions????

grimslade

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
I'm trying to install a new Airport Express to run 802.11n on my MacBook Pro. I just get a blinking amber light. My service provider is Time Warner in NY. My old airport worked just fine. I've loaded the utility disk and also downloaded the new patch and still just have blinking amber. I see at the Apple site people talk of problems with this. Any suggestions????

Have you looked for a new wireless network called Apple Network xxxxxx, and tried connecting to that? That's what I did to do the initial setup of my AE N.

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England

Did you get this up and running? Do you have TW's Wireless modem? If so that could cause a problem with conflict of channels for the signal , but than again if you have the AE set to automatic you should be fine. I have TW / RR / Actually Super RR more download speed.

Mine goes as following: Cable modem to Linsys Router, out of router too to other room with 8 port switch, from there Cat5 to WD NAS Drive and Cat5 to new AE although mine is in bridge mode so I can see shared out drive's

thetoness

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Do you have the latest firmware 7.3.1

I had a problem and installed the latest firmware 7.3.1 and everything now works

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.