Airport express, airtunes, unknown error after computer wakes up

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cancel, May 28, 2009.

1. cancel macrumors newbie

cancel

Hi there!
    i'm getting message that says "an unknown error (-15006) occurred while connecting to the remote speaker" right after my macbook wakes up. i tried that solution, but it didn't help. It's not a big deal, cuz after i press OK i can select my remote speakers from iTunes again and it'll play, but the problem is that i'm using app "Alarm Clock 2" and i need it to play though my remote speakers. obviously, if that error appears iTunes won't start playing, and i won't wake up))))))))
    My question: did anybody encounter that problem and is there any solution? thanx in advance.
    P.S. sometimes error window doesn't appear and iTunes app plays through internal speakers normally, although it displays that it plays through the remote speaker.

2. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

I experience the same problem on my MPB on a daily basis. Nobody seems to want to answer my questions about it... :(

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

i used to have similar problems, with an express that joined a wireless network.
    I found resetting the main router fixed the problem.

4. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Thank you so much for letting us know. The reset of my express has fixed the problem. Thanks, mate! :eek:

5. marqueemark macrumors newbie

I had this exact problem. In my case I was trying to use the Airport Express devices to extend an existing wireless network. None of the solutions on the internet worked for me and after 4 hours on the phone to Apple support I came up with a solution.

I reconfigured the Airport devices to be a separate Wireless network, which I use soley for streaming music.

I guess that iTunes and other support software for these devices is of poor quality (the Airport application for configuring the devices often fails to find them when I press rescan, or once it has found them continues to find the devices even if they are no longer plugged in!).

I hope this helps.