Airport Express and 1st generation Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by orangephoto, Aug 6, 2008.

1. orangephoto macrumors newbie

So my Mac and my airport have walked hand in hand perfectly for months now but all of a sudden I can't keep a fast connection for more than five minutes. I have to reset either the airport base station or turn off then turn on my airport card in my Mac to get my connection back.

It stays for a short time, maybe five minutes, then goes away drastically and I can barely access Google!

I need help, I have reset everything I can think to reset.

I've reconfigured my airport express station with new passwords, usernames, etc. I've rebooted my Mac Pro many times, restarted my airport card many times and ran network diagnostics many times. It just started the other day and it's all I can do to even post this problem on the forum!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

First have you checked to see if it is actually your modem having the problem, and not your AirPort Express? I ask because I was having problems with my connection doing the same thing. Turns out the AirPort wasn't getting all the info it needed from the Modem due to an ISP issue.

Beyond that, I'd suggest resetting your AirPort Express (returning to factory settings) and set it up again. That may fix your problem.

TEG