Airport Express and itunes 9.2

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AGFJ, Jul 14, 2010.

1. AGFJ macrumors newbie

Well I downloaded the new version of itunes a bit ago and didn't really notice anything until today when i tried to play music over airtunes on my airport express. Where the drop down menu should be on itunes in the bottom right hand corner it is not there anymore. This is on my imac, so I checked my ibook and it is still there and still works fine. i called apple about it and they couldn't figure it out and left it unresolved. Can anyone help me out on this. Like I said I can still see it on my ibook but not on my imac. Both of these computers are using wireless and both can still connect to the internet without problem. Thanks for the help!

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

are you sure you're connected to your network?
    instead of some neighbors unsecured

have you tried resetting all of your wireless hardware?
    I have an express that joins a network created by a linksys router, sometimes it gets flaky, and resetting the linksys will fix it.

since you talked to apple, i'm guessing you've rebooted both itunes and your imac?

3. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

Did you set it up to search for speakers in itunes preferences? If so, are you running an airport extreme? If yes, sometimes rebooting it will resolve any issues with the network.