Airport express and Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by piltupso, Nov 7, 2007.

1. piltupso macrumors regular

I am trying set up a small network at home and was thinking of using an airport express to hook up a older dell laptop running windows xp home. My plan was to hook the express to the second ethernet connection on my mac pro and share the connection with the hopes that the windows machine would be able to print over wireless to my usb printer I plan hook up to the airport express. Is this possible or am I asking way too much? I have read through the product description and it sounds like it should work but the notes can get confusing, for example it says that windows xp should print over wireless but a later note says you must have OS 10.2 or greater. Is that just for a mac trying to print or is that for any machine printing? Last in this long line can anyone tell me which model numbers are which. I have been looking on ebay but I can't find out which model numbers are new and which are old. Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yep, that'll work. Which model numbers are you asking for?

3. piltupso thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. The model numbers I was asking about are in relation to my newbie experience with ebay. The sellers that claim to have new units say they are model M9470LL/A but I can't find a model number for the current airport express on Apple's website.

4. admiraldennis macrumors regular

AirPort Express printer sharing is painless and works fairly well with both Mac and Windows clients.