Airport Express and Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brando06, Dec 28, 2008.

1. brando06 macrumors regular

So here is my deal. I have an airport express base station which i use as my router. It works just fine when i have it as my wireless router for my macbook and my pc when i have it locked using a WPA password. When i have it locked though it will not work with my xbox 360 and linksys wireless gaming adapter (http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WGA11B-Wireless-B-Game-Adapter/dp/B0000AJVBW) which i have. When i unlock the WPA and leave the airport express unlocked it will work with my macbook and my xbox 360, but it then wont work with my pc. I do not personally care about the pc, but my wife does. I also would like to have it locked and WORK with all three devices. Anyone have any suggestions for this lost soul???

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

That is very odd, Windows, if by pc you mean windows and not linux, unix... or even mac,:rolleyes:, should be able to connect to an un secure network, even Vista should be able to. So that seems really odd, and I would never leave my wifi open.

3. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so i got the pc and xbox and macbook to all work when the wireless network is open!! But i now wish i could get the xbox to work with the wireless network LOCKED!!

4. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Try changing the password type, that worked for me with my 360.

ChrisN