airport express, audio question.

coleg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
125
0
can the airport express base station only stream audio from itunes? or is there a way to have all audio streamed to the airport express?

i wouldn't mind having speakers connected to the base station instead of my laptop.
 

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
2,872
0
coleg said:
can the airport express base station only stream audio from itunes? or is there a way to have all audio streamed to the airport express?

i wouldn't mind having speakers connected to the base station instead of my laptop.
http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

audio lag?
***Because of the way the AirPort Express works, there's a delay from the time audio is played locally to the time it is heard remotely. This is problematic for movie playback, and tough to solve. The issue here is with the hardware itself.
 
Comment

coleg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
125
0
that is a nice program. i just wish there was something that would stream audio from everything automatically.
 
Comment

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
2,872
0
coleg said:
that is a nice program. i just wish there was something that would stream audio from everything automatically.
you don't get it. there is like a 2 second delay between you an the airport. so like if you got a error message beep you would hear it like 2 seconds later which isn't really helpful now. imagine watching a movie and her the dialogue 2 seconds behide the imagines.
 
Comment

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
superbovine said:
you don't get it. there is like a 2 second delay between you an the airport. so like if you got a error message beep you would hear it like 2 seconds later which isn't really helpful now. imagine watching a movie and her the dialogue 2 seconds behide the imagines.
Edit - OK, I got it finally, but only after reading SB's original reply three times.

My preference is to see new information in "white" -- when reading I skipped over the second block of gray Quoted material because I assumed that it was from a previous post, when actually it had important new information.
 
Comment

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
607
0
Philadelphia, PA
superbovine said:
you don't get it. there is like a 2 second delay between you an the airport. so like if you got a error message beep you would hear it like 2 seconds later which isn't really helpful now. imagine watching a movie and her the dialogue 2 seconds behide the imagines.
With some programs (such as VLC) you can change the preferences to compensate for this. You can delay the video various amounts until it matches up with the audio.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.