Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fokket

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
I've searched this and been Googling for 3 days, but couldn't find the same question.

Few notes.
* To be used in college residence
* Has PEAP/LEAP authentication
* Wired Access only

therefore what I want to do is use Airport Express base station to use it as
wired to wireless bridge.

Thanks in advance

Siriosys

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2007
New Zealand
FWIW, I'm using a similar setup - just a different wireless AP at the other end.

I have a wired network upstairs comprising of a couple PC's, Server, AE, and a network swtich. Downstairs is a Sim Devices SB3 and the ADSL Router which is functioning as an Access point.

From memory all I did to get it working was configure the AE using the AirPort Utility as follows:

Connect your AE to your wired network

Start up the Apple Airport Utility

Select Manual Setup from the front screen

Choose to 'Join a Wireless Network' and fill in the necessary info so that it can connect to the existing wireless network.

On the 'Internet' tab, choose the 'Off - Bridge Mode' from the connection sharing option at the bottom of the screen which should then enable the wired = wireless bridge capability

Restart / Save the settings

and I think that was it.

fokket

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Does it mean it can support the wired network that has PEAP authentication?

Basically I don't want the AE to have another authentication through PEAP, but able to support the network with it.

fokket

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
By the way, I want the AE to be able to provide wireless connection to more than 1 computer.

fokket

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Is it possible to prevent the AE from distributing its own IP address?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.