AirPort Express Base Station questions.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LoganT, Sep 13, 2007.

1. LoganT macrumors 68020

Currently we don't have a wireless connection throughout the house; and that probably isn't going to change anytime soon. However, I plan on buying an iPhone whenever they update and I would like to use the WIfI when I'm in my bedroom. Could I still use my wired connection for my computer and use the WIFI from the Airport Express Base Station for my iPhone?

2. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Yes you could. But if you are going to use it for JUST the iPhone, then I would suggest buying a cheaper one unless you plan on using it for your computer in the future. Which, for me, is ideal. The iPhone doesn't support wireless N, so to buy it for just the iPhone and not your computer really isn't worth spending that much money for it when you can get a B wireless router for a lot less (probably like $50). But if you have the money and don't care. APPLE ALL THE WAY BABY!

3. kwabena macrumors member

kwabena

Sure, you can. I say go for it. I got mine a month ago and I have no regrets. It will work great with the iphone. But if you want range you should also consider the airport extreme.

4. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Sorry, for some reason I was talking about the Extreme, not the express, sorry. :rolleyes:

5. LoganT thread starter macrumors 68020

Just to clarify I'm talking about the Airport Express Base Station with AirTunes. You know the one that can be used as a travel router. We have a bout 4 connections through a wired router in the basement, I'm 4 floors above it. Would there be a way to plug in the Express station into a wall socket in my room connect my wired connection that is coming from my wall from the wired router downstairs and maybe use a splitter to do so?