Airport Express Base Station uses

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ckourlio, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ckourlio macrumors newbie

I just recently bought an Airport Express Base Station in order to stream my iTunes to my stereo. Haven't gotten it yet, but am really excited about it. I understand that it can also be used to network your printer.

What are the other uses of it? I really can't find good information on the Apple site.

I have heard that it can be used as a wireless router. Is that true?

Can it be used as an access point if a computer does not have wireless networking built in?

I'm just curious what people mainly use it for. Thanks!

2. Kan-O-Z macrumors 6502

It can be used for all of the things you listed. A great device especially for it's small size. Enjoy!

Kan-O-Z

3. ckourlio thread starter macrumors newbie

I have always looked at the store and never got to that page, thanks for the link. I agree, this is a really cool device, just a little confusing since it packs so many features into something that small.

4. mcnicks macrumors regular

This is probably a bit obscure but its worth mentioning. When I moved my Powermac into the hall cupboard, its airport wireless card could not pick up a signal from my base station. I bought an airport express and configured it to use WDS, connected it to my wireless network and then hooked up its Ethernet interface to my Powermac.