Airport express (completely) frozen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dwb, Jun 10, 2009.

1. dwb macrumors newbie

My wireless signal disappeared. My Airport Express worked normally and then yesterday, the wireless signal no longer appeared on either my mac or iphone. On the unit, the green light simply blinks quickly. Couldn't do a soft reset as there was no signal to connect to. Did a hard reset but nothing happens as the green light just keeps on blinking. Finally left it unplugged overnight, then did a factory reset holding in the button and plugging it in. Still just blinks green. No signal. Nothing.

Internet works fine through ethernet.

Thanks.

2. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Go back through your Network Preferences and run the Air Port Utility to make sure all your settings are right. Check the manual when you do this. If you don't have it, you can find it in the Apple Knowledge Base and the Support section of the web site. I had trouble with mine when the idiot from Comcast tried to set it up. I sent him on his way and fixed it myself. User error on my part.

Dale

3. NP3 macrumors regular

If none of Dale's suggestions work, is your express older? As in close to around the time it came out? I had one of the first and had to replace it after a year & a half b/c it wouldn't put out a wireless signal. (can't find my source atm) It was a known problem though.