Airport express connection problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chunkydentist, Aug 16, 2007.

1. chunkydentist macrumors newbie

Hi

I have used my airport express with SBC DSL and worked fine. I recently changed to comcast and when I tried to setup my airport express something won't work.
    First I can connect to the comcast modem via ethernet no problem.
    When I setup my airport I can see the network, make configurations but can not connect to the internet.

Also the light on the airport express is green. I assume I have setup my airport correctly. I am not very good with all this so I am not really sure about whether my setup is DHCP or PPPoE. I believe it is DHCP because I do not need a username to connect.

Please help...Thank you

2. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

I have exactly the same problem as you do. I have no problem connecting to the internet through the ethernet port but once I go wireless - I cannot connect and the light is green also.

Anyone have any ideas?

3. chunkydentist thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Carol,

What kind of internet provider do you use? THe one I use is uses DHCP without a host name. I actually have no idea what that means. I have tried everything. It must be my settings on my airport express, but again I am not sure. I hope someone can offer some advice.

4. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

Mine is PPPoE but I have since got it working by un-plugging my adsl modem and the airport extreme bas station for about an hour. Once I started everything up again it worked - not quite sure how

5. chunkydentist thread starter macrumors newbie

This took a while

Reason my airport express did not work is because when I setup my comcast modem I reset the airport with the ethernet cable connected. What I should have done is reset the airport first only plugged into power. THen connect
    comcast modem to airport. Finally, you will be able to use wireless.