Airport Express Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nomadic82, Apr 7, 2008.

1. nomadic82 macrumors newbie

Hi All, this may be a really simple problem, but I have had a good look and not found anything in previous posts that might help me...

I've just bought an Airport Express (N) and have it up and running through my ADSL modem on my iBook G4. That is no worries.

My problem, however, is that I am unable to get my girlfriends iBook G3 (I know, archaic) to connect... Her Airport finds the network, I put in the correct password, but nothing happens. Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers...:D

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

I'm new to Macs but is your gf's iBook compatible with WPA2? The only thing I can think of is that it's using WPA2 and your gf's computer can only support WPA. Try setting your security to WPA or removing it entirely (only for a few moments) and see if your gf's iBook connects.

3. nomadic82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm, so it'll connect just fine when there is no password protection added... Seems odd though, as her iBook also has an airport card in it, so it should be compatible.

Any ideas on how to set up a password protected system that will allow her computer to access it?

4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Try WPA first, then WAP.

5. nomadic82 thread starter macrumors newbie