Airport Express cuts out now that I have WiFi

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Biffo, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Biffo macrumors newbie

Hi. I understand that many people have experienced their airport express cutting out but I've had a look at how they solved it and it doesn't seem to fix my problem. I hope someone can help.

I've only had the device a few months and only used to play music from my computer to my hifi. This never gave me any problems.

I then got broadband and a wireless router. This device lives about 6 meters away from my airport express so they aren't connected by wires.

I have my computer's airport connected to the wireless router and the airport joins the wireless network.

The problem is when I try to play music it cuts out after a minute or so and then constantly drops every few seconds.

If anyone has any suggests they would be very welcome…

Attached Files:

2. Biffo thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried changing the channels but in order to do so you need to change the setting from 'join wireless network' and this doesn't seem to work either!

3. Freeradical79 macrumors newbie

Same problem here. Household with a generic wifi modem and an airport express for streaming music. The music cuts out constantly, and three days in a row the wifi modem has required restart as no one can connect to it anymore. The airport is connected to the wifi network as a client.

In my previous apartment the airport express was used with no problems at all, as the wireless access point and music streaming point.