Airport Express doesn't works

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cazofeifa, Mar 10, 2010.

1. cazofeifa macrumors newbie

The Airport Express (AE) doesn't works as expected.

[Steps to repro]
    Step by Step according with the following installation guide: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=934

In he Step Four, I cannot see the IP address of my AE and the version.
    Also the airport express flashing amber.

Further Information: Please check the attachment image.

Any Idea? Suggestion.. comments.. please help me!!

Attached Files:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is your AirPort Express already configured? The screenshot indicates that it is not, or it has been recently reset. The IP address and version will show up on that screen once it has been configured. You can also get the IP address and version of firmware by clicking on Manual Setup and looking in the Summary tab, but again, only after it has been set up. The fact that it's flashing amber after it's been reset is not unusual. Click continue to set it up again. If you get an error with respect to the internet connection while updating the configuration you will likely just need to power cycle your cable/DSL modem.

3. cazofeifa thread starter macrumors newbie

Unboxing the Airport Express

- The Airport is NEW (bought yesterday), the device isn't configurated yet.
    I'd like to configurate it, but I can't. Due after restart the Airport Express (following these steps: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=185 )
    Nothing happens after that.

- Open the Airport Utility
    - Hit the rescan button option
    - Here is the issue: Check the image above, that is all I can see in the aiport utility
    Besides seems to be that the "Manual Setup" does't works.

Notice: the AE is connected to "Motorola Surfboard SB5101 Cable Modem"

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

What you took a screenshot is expected if you reset the Express. Just click continue and then it should walk you through the setup from the very beginning. You'll begin by entering in a password to secure the settings, then choosing the wireless mode, then naming the network and setting a password for the network itself, then choosing the configuration of your modem and then updating. The whole thing should not take more than 5 minutes total.