Airport Express driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sinser, Feb 13, 2009.

1. sinser macrumors 6502a

sinser

Recently I'm losing my faith in Apple, looks like the days when used Linux on my PC and spent most of the days configuring things :mad:
    Well, so I have a Netgear wireless router and an Airport Express which I want to join the network so that, for example, I can stream web radios thru my hi-fi. I have been able to achieve this but it doesn't last that long :mad::mad::mad:
    Well, let me explain the problem in detail.
    When I try to configure the AE I can't browse for the device, i.e. I'm not able to find it. Then I need to do an hard reset of the AE. After this usually I can find it and configure the damn thing and let it join the Netgear network and use it (even if often get the infamous 3256 error in iTunes). The main problem is that after I shut down the MBP and turn it on again, I have to go thru the whole procedure. Should I reconfigure AE every time I want to use it ? This doesn't sound normal. Please help me! I'm getting mad with this stuff. Don't really now what I should do.

2. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

A little more information is needed

Morning

In order for anyone to assist/help you , you need to provide as much detailed information.
    Like model Netgear Wireless router and firmware version along with the Airport express, which model and firmware is that running.
    Also not to discourage you , but did you try doing a google search or did you try doing a search through the forums?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=293960

3. sinser thread starter macrumors 6502a

sinser

The router is a Netgear DG834G. AE firmware is 6.3.2. I have done some research but to no avail. I don't know. This evening I plan to:

1) Repair privilieges once more
    2) Reset PRAM
    3) Removing ALL preferences files

If none of this works, maybe I should start considering reinstalling Mac OS X. with archive and install. Something that I've never done in the 6 years since I switched to the mac :(

4. sinser thread starter macrumors 6502a

sinser

Seems like, fingers crossed, I finally fixed the thing by simply restoring AE factory settings (previously I was doing a hard reset) and reconfiguring everything. Now if I only could get rid from the 3256 error. I have tried the Apple firewall solution but to no avail. Only thing that often works is by starting a radio stream first. Terribly annoying :(