Airport Express/External HDD issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jayblack, Dec 16, 2012.

1. jayblack macrumors newbie

I just inherited an Airport Extreme A1301, version 7.6.1, which I believe is a 3rd gen. I have this feeding from a Verizon DSL gateway. The Airport Extreme provides all my internet activity as well as an Airport Express which is located in the room above and hardwired from the Extreme. Everything works terrific and in fact I noticed an increase in speed when I hooked up the two Airports. The issue I am having is adding my external harddrive. I am using a 1TB iomega drive, model LDHD-UP2 which is only a few years old. I have been using this drive as a Time Machine drive as well. The drive is formatted for my iMac (Mac OS Extended (Journaled)) and mounts fine to my desktop when directly connected. When I connect the iomega to the back of the Extreme and power up, the drive spins for a moment likes it's trying to connect but is never visible. I cannot see the drive in the Airport Utility menu, nor in the finder window on the left under Devices or Shared. If I go into the Airpot Utility under the Disks tab, there is nothing visible under Partitions either. I'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks!

Attached Files:

2. nephron8 macrumors regular

Is it 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch.
    Looks like power supply issue

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I Googled and found out there are replacement power adapters so I guess it's a 3'5".
    Hard to find anything, iomega isn't helpful either.

He might have forgotten to plug in the Power:eek: