Airport Express Firmwire Nightmare

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cwedl, Aug 15, 2008.

1. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Hi Guys/Gals

The airport Utility opened and asked if I wanted to upgrade the firmware on my airport express base station, I agreed and after a few minutes it said it failed. ever since then I lose internet connectivity on the device, I have to restart it to regain internet connectivity. Is there a way I can either downgrade the firmware or should i just take it back to apple and swap it?

Thanks

update - if one of the admins could change the title from firmwire to firmware it would be appreciated.

2. drayman86 macrumors newbie

Can't speak to this, however I CAN tell you that when I purchased my Aiport Express back in May, I was prompted to upgrade from firmware 7.3.0 to 7.3.1. I did so, and had NOTHING but problems. Had to upgrade the firmware on my wireless router, which solved the problem.

THAT said, I will NOT upgrade to the latest 7.3.2 for the Airport Express. Even the guys at Apple couldn't tell me what the upgrade was for. Not at ALL impressed with Apple Care on this one.

3. Rtb1 macrumors member

Rtb1

from the airport express utility:

click on "manual setup", the page that appears after a moment will list info about your APExpress,

find "version: 7.3.1", click on "version", a box appears, select 7.3 from then drop down. :apple:

edit: try 7.3.2 first, then roll back if you dont like it. 7.3.2 solved a lot of problems for me.