Airport Express flashes orange for a few seconds every 10 minutes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by EssentialParado, May 6, 2010.

1. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

I've currently got a 3rd party WiFi network in my house and I've set the AirPort Express to join the network to act as an ethernet bridge. My VOIP phone connects straight to ethernet so that's what I have connected currently to the ethernet port on the AirPort Express.

Now it all seemed to work fine, but when I actually use the VOIP phone the connection seems to go dead for around 4 seconds on a regular routine of about every 10 minutes. I'm not getting disconnected or anything but it just goes silent. I noticed that whenever the connection does this the Airport Express switches from solid green to flashing amber for the dead period then back to green again.

Any idea what could be causing it?

Also, any idea how I can access the Airport express now that it's joined to my other network? Airport Utility can't find it since I've done that.

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

1) http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2610

2) Flashing Amber: Startup is complete, but AirPort Express didn't get an IP connection. Depending on your setup, it may mean AirPort Express is out of network range, unplugged from Ethernet, lacks a path to the Internet (or local router), or that there's an issue with your Internet service provider.