Airport Express Green Light Gone

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Robster3, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I have last model AE. I plug it in green light comes on then goes amber and blinks for a bit then nothing. I have done a hard reset and the same.
    Is it stuffed?

2. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Does Airport utility see it? With luck maybe it's just a defective LED.

Otherwise at this point bring it to an Apple Store or call them up!

Edit: misread something about your green led. I suggest the Apple store route :)

3. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

No Airport Utility won't see it. Its out of warranty but hasn't had much use.

4. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Are you sure about the warranty? Unless you bought it on launch day, haven't the latest model been out for just a year?

Edit: just checked, the latest model came out in june 2012, you should be able to have it replaced :)

5. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

It's the model before the current one and i just checked my profile and its out of warranty. I am 5 plus hours drive from a Apple store.
    It would be about 18 months old, probably had 6 months use and has been in the box for a year. I am trying to extend my wireless network with it.

I will ring Apple tomorrow and see what they say?

6. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

7. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

8. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

If you have an active Apple Care on one of your Mac, check the contract. I remember seeing something about it covering aditional device including apple's router among other things :)

9. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

No Apple care on mac's, only on a iphone 5. If i have to buy a new one would a Airport Extreme go better with the Airport Extreme i currently use, to extend the network?

10. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Not a hard job :rolleyes: , maybe not for someone with electronic skills but it is a hard job for many others.

They call that repairing, repairing in my view is to get it back and working in original state, this isn't original state.:p

11. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

If you have a Mac that is still in warranty, buy AppleCare on it now. Your AirPort will be retroactively covered as long as it was purchased up to two years prior to buying your Mac, so you'll save the cost of a new AirPort & get the additional 2 years' coverage for a bargain price.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html