Airport Express - have to unplug every morning!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fireproof!, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

I have an Airport Express. Seems to work fine for the most part.

BUT - every morning when I open up my MB to connect, I get "connection time out" errors every time. I try it repeatedly and it always times out. Even though my Macbook recognizes the network in the list of networks and the Airport has a green light on it.

So I go and unplug the Airport from the wall, wait a minute, plug it back in. After a minute or so (I assume it's rebooting internally or something), then I can connect.

Any clues as to what's going on????

2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I think this is an issue with them that becomes more of a big deal over time. I didn't have to unplug mine every morning, but I had to unplug it every week or so. That got annoying fast... I don't know if there's much of a solution for you...

From what i've heard, the newer ones may not have this issue. Do you have an 802.11N AE? I had an 802.11G version.

3. Fireproof! thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Thanks for the comment. Daily unplugging is a pain in the ass.

It's the "G" version because we got it Christmas 2007. So it's old. I guess I'll take it to the Genius Bar and see if they'll exchange it or something.

4. GregE macrumors 6502

If they won't do anything how about putting it on a timer and having it go off at 5am and back on at 5:30am every day. Just an idea.