Airport Express - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pdiddle, May 27, 2007.

1. pdiddle macrumors newbie

I just bought an Airport Express for my Macbook Pro 2.16 Intel Dual Core. I can not get an internet connection and here are my symptoms. I feel fairly competent with these things, which is why i have been so frustrated with this set up. :confused:

1. I can connect without issue via direct LAN connection with Ethernet
    2. My DSL company uses DHCP to connect
    3. The IP Address with ethernet connection is 58.110.215.118. This same ip address is used for my base station when Airport Express is turned on.
    4. The IP Address from Airport Express is configured as 10.0.1.2, which differs from the router of 10.0.1.1.
    5. I have Internet Sharing on, to share from ethernet and airport to en2 and en3 for Parallels. AppleTalk is also Active and set for Automatic Connect.
    6. When I use Airport Assistant-> Diagnostics, the 1st 3 buttons are green, but Internet and Server are yellow and it can not get a solid internet connection. It comes back with www.apple.com can not be found. Could this perhaps be an issue with the DNS server? if so, i do not know how to rectify it.
    7. Internet Connect gives the status of Connected to my wireless network over ethernet.
    8. Airport Utility shows full bars and connected flawlessly.

Everything appears to be working and setup properly, but i cant get a web connection. Again, maybe DNS issue is what I could see, but not sure...

Any help would be appreciated...

MUCHO Thanks in advance!!!!
    jeremy

2. pdiddle thread starter macrumors newbie

Supplementary Information

My DSL uses DHCP to connect, not PPoE. And the ethernet works perfectly w DHCP and assigns an ip address every time.
    So when hooking up the airport express, I only have the ethernet cable going into it. Nothing else on the network.

The following settings are on my:
    Base Station
    Airport Tab
    Channel - Automatic
    Mode - 802.11b/g compatible
    Base Station Options
    Enable Ethernet Port
    Enable SNMP Access
    Enable Reote Configuration
    Wireless Options
    Multicast Rate = 2
    Enable Interference robustness Checked
    Transmitter Power = 100%
    Internet Tab
    Connect Using Ethernet
    Configure Using DHCP
    IP Address 58.110.205.182
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router Address: 198.142.128.30
    DNS Servers: NULL
    WAN Ethernet Port: Automatic (Default)
    Network Tab
    Distribute IP Addresses CHECKED
    Share a Single IP Address(Using DHCP and NAT) CHECKED
    Use 10.0.1.1 addressing SELECTED

Airport Settings on my MacBook
    TCP/IP TAB
    IP Address: 10.0.1.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 10.0.1.1
    Apple Talk TAB
    Make AppleTalk Active is CHECKED

TEST
    Under Network-> TCP/IP-> Assist Me -> Diagnostics
    Airport, Airport Settings, Network Settings and ISP are all GREEN - This indicates that i get an IP address and a connection to my laptop
    Internet and Server are Yellow and then turn RED on test fail - This indicates that it cannot connect out to the internet.

Could this be a DNS Server issue? It somehow cant translate any webpage addresses.

Thanks for the help!!!