Airport Express, iTunes, Remote Speakers problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by missmoon, Apr 26, 2008.

1. missmoon macrumors newbie

I am unable to get my Max OSX Tiger (newest version) + latest version of iTunes + latest version of Airport Express to show my remote speakers when in iTunes. the connection disappeared this morning and now all I can get in the lower right corner is "burn disk" - the "computer" and "MoonTunes" (the name of my Airport express iTunes) options are both gone!

I have done the hard reset - checked the cabling, restarted a googillion times. I finally got the Express to show up under "Select base Station( (it didn't the first ten restarts of the Express)...been on the forums and read about how a lot of people have had this problem...none of the solutions have worked... I have a blinking amber light and no availability in iTunes...thoughts? I am exhausted.

If the Express shows up - could the hardware be faulty?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

First of all, ensure that "Look for remote speakers connected with AirTunes" is checked in iTunes Preferences > Advanced > General.

Are you using this Airport Express as a wireless router, or just for Airtunes? How are you currently connected to the express?

If you already have a wireless network in your household, and you're simply using the Airport Express to connect with your speakers, you want to select "Connect to an existing wireless network" in the Airport Utility.