Airport Express - keep losing connection

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Aldyn, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Aldyn macrumors member

Hi guys!

This might be a unique situation, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else has ever had this problem. Also, I apologize for a super long story.

I just moved into an apartment building that provides high speed internet (Comcast I believe) via ethernet ports in the walls (aka I don't need a modem).

I've hooked up my Airport Express and it told me to set it to bridge mode. It seemed like everything was fine at first. The speed is fast (50mbps) and the light on the Airport is green.

Then I realized my PS3 kept disconnecting me every few minutes and giving DNS errors. After following some guides, I changed the DNS settings and it kept happening. I assumed maybe it was just my PS3.

But now, a similar thing is happening on my iPhone. Every few hours, it shows I have full-signal, but safari says I have no internet connection. The only way to solve the problem is to go into wifi settings, forget the network, and then log back in.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with my router settings or with my internet itself?

Thanks!

2. tibas92013 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem so I called Applecare who worked me through the Reconfigeration process.