Airport Express, Kodak Printer, And windows

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by temiller, Oct 2, 2010.

1. temiller macrumors member

Hey all,

I have a Kodak ESP-3, Windows 7 PC, and a mid 2010, macbook pro.

I bought an Airport Express today. I hooked everything up, and I can print wirelessly from my macbook. My Windows PC can see the printer. But when I go to print, I get an error message, and it tells me to check and see if the USB cable is hooked up to the printer and computer.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

2. temiller thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I had my windows PC working yesterday.

I got up this morning to print a paper, Turned on the printer, and went to print it from my mac. I got an error "Unable to send (31 bytes)". So I turned the printer off and on, Same error. I unplugged the printer cable, unplugged the airport, plugged the printer back in, then plugged the airport back in. Neither of my computers would recognize it at this point, so I said screw it, plugged the cable into my mac, and printed via usb.

I came home, Airports working. I can print from my mac, but when I went to print from my windows PC, the PC showed the printer to be ready. When I went to print, I got an error saying that I need to check and see if my printer was plugged in.

I'm running out of options here. I bought the Airport express so I wouldn't have to keep switching the USB cable between computers. Now the computer I print most of my things off of won't work with the printer.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?