Airport Express LED

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fredrikswe, Jun 6, 2013.

1. fredrikswe, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

fredrikswe macrumors newbie

My Airport Express stopped working today and I suspect it is broken. But I would like to confirm it is definitly broken before sending it to recycling.

The LED starts GREEN when the base station in powered on then AMBER for 10 sec and then the LED is turned OFF.

Anyone know if it can be fixed or is it dead ?

I have done hard reset and factory reset but it does not show up in Airport utility (6.2 on OSX 10.8.3 and 5.6.1 OSX 10.6.8. It is the Airport Express 1st gen model A1264.

Br,
    Fredrik

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yeah... that thing sounds dead. Even if you could not get it to connect to the Internet properly, after a reset you should be able to see it in Airport Util.

If you like that form factor (I like it better than the new one) you can still get the last N version as a refurb from Apple for $69. I bought an extra to store away I like these so much for travel.

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

if it's the old style, i've seen the prongs of the electrical plug get messed up.
    if you have an apple laptop, try pulling the plug off of that, and putting it on the express, if that doesn't work it's probably dead.

4. fredrikswe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. I consider it dead and send it to mac heaven.

Yes I also like the form factor. When placed in the power outlet it is very sleak. I'll try to find another on ebay. Here in Europe Apple does not have refurbished items for sale.

5. MichaelJ56 macrumors newbie

If you have an Apple computer under warranty (regular 1 year or AppleCare) it should be covered.

6. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

Have you tried plugging an ethernet cable into it and opening airport utililty?
    Wireless takes longer to connect than wired, I think.