Airport Express Location

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Smallybox, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Smallybox macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem with my wireless network, and I can only assume its an Airport Express problem.

When I bought my Express, I lived in Sydney, and have since moved to Canberra.

I recently purchased a HTC Legend, and whenever it connects to my home wireless network, all its location settings revert to my old Sydney address.
    Its not a problem when I am out, because the phone picks up its location from other networks, etc, but when I am at home my "Maps" and "Weather" apps show my old address.

And I'm not talking general location. Its showing the EXACT street address. This is how I know its a setting somewhere, because how else would it know my old address. Initially I though it was a setting in my phone, so I contacted my service provider, and they said my current address is correct on their system.

I've recently installed Snow Leopard on the iMac, and updated all the location settings on it. I've even reset the Express, but whenever I'm connected to my network, it says I'm in Sydney. How can I change the current location settings on my network? I can't seem to find the option????

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Try changing the SSID. WiFi->Location databases like Loki/Shyhook usually work by looking at the SSIDs of the visible networks and maybe the MAC address of the router which you would be unable to change. It still thinks you're in Syndey, because that's where the location database says you are.

B

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not sure how HTC phones work, but there's a form you can fill out on the Skyhook's website to change your address manually. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for Skyhook's/Google/Someone to wardrive past and correct the location.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030