Airport express mystery

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Onevolt, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Onevolt macrumors newbie

I just reconfigured my wifi network and replaced an old AE thinking that it might be the trouble. I hard reset my time capsule which is not used for back up as well. Airport Utility recognizes both devices and all should be right. However, I experience a drop in wifi coverage in the room that the AE is in (very slow page load times etc.). What am I doing wrong? Coverage should be seamless and used to be for years. Any help will be appreciated.

2. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

does this drop in coverage happen all the time? when connected to the AE or the TC or either?

you need a lot more details than you've given.

3. Onevolt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. I experience the drop in coverage only in the room that the AE is in. It is a room that is made of block as it used to be an out building. However, I cannot attribute the drop in coverage to the building material as the same set up worked flawlessly for years. As for the rest of the house, which is presumably covered by the TC, there is no drop in coverage. When I take say, an ipad into the room with the AE, page load times become ridiculous. I will walk out of the room and as the ipad senses the TC, the page loads. This holds true for Macbook pro and for the fact that I cannot send a print job to the wifi printer that is in the room in question. All signs point to the AE not working on the network. Airport Utility shows that it is!

Thanks for the help.