Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
This morning i went on my pb to find out that my internet isn't working... Checked the wires, reset the modem and AP express and no dice. So i went to cablevision (o joy for those that are in the NY area lol) Got a new modem went back to install it walked away while everything was booting up. Come back, and still nothing so i called Customer support and they registered the modem and got it to work hardwired but its 2008 i want wireless. But now my airport isn't picking up the internet signal. So i went in and my pb and brother's ibook aren't picking up the signal. So i went to create a new network but when i go to the airport set up it says that it isn't connected. The amber light is one indicating that there is no connection (duhh) and just stays there. Any ideas?
did my airport die? Is it time to upgrade to N?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Have you tried resetting your Airport Express? That's the first thing I'd try.

just for kicks i tired all three again. Now i'm getting a flashing amber light. I think it died. It was weird cause i was checking email then the mail app got the circle thing going on in the inbox area then i couldn't connect...
looks like a trip to the :apple: store today Should i get the express or should i get the reg. airport?
With the time capsule; my parents imac is wired to another cable modem to connect. If i were to get time capsule could my parents use that as a time machine drive and still use the wire to connect?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
update incase someone comes across while searching :) :
i finally got it to work... what i did was i unplugged the cable modem both co-axale and power, plugged in the ethernet, plugged in the airport to get power then reconnected the cable modem. it found it and i created a new network... all is good now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.