Airport Express Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gbrzuchalski, Dec 25, 2007.

1. gbrzuchalski macrumors newbie

I just bought my parents an airport express so they can stream music to their stereo from their new pc. I currently have a netgear wireless network setup in the house. I only want to use the airport express for airtunes. I am also using windows PCs. I am having difficulty setting the airport up and am completely lost. If i just plug it into the stereo it blinks amber and wont connect. So, I tried just plugging it directly into our modem. The airport is green but my admin utility doesn't recognize the airport. Also, my cd doesn't have the airport express setup assistant on it for some reason. So I can't use setup assistant, which is complicating matters further. I have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. jawzzy macrumors regular

Hey. The Airport Express will always flash yellow as long as an ethernet cable is not plugged in. However, this doesn't mean you can't stream music.

I had my AE set up in my dorm room before coming home, and when I got home, I could connect to the network I had set up in my dorm in order to stream music to my parent' stereo.

I have heard that you can set up the Airport Express by plugging directly into the port with an ethernet cable. However, try to set it up first with the Airport Assistant located in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder. If you can see it, you can set up a network that you will then connect to to stream music.

However, you can't get Internet from the Airport's network unless you set that up to. So as it stands (the way it is for me right now as well) you can either stream music or access the Internet.

Tell me if anything I said works.