Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dolver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Does anyone know any solutions for the terrible power adapter that is on the airport express?

Here is the story. My old airport express just broke. I am looking to buy a new one, but I hate how the power adapter on it is so crappy and always falls out of my power strip. I would look at an airport extreme or something not made by apple, but I REALLY like being able to use airtunes (multiple people in my apartment like to stream music through our main system).

So I was wondering if any of you have any solutions or if there are any third party adapter pieces that I can swap on to the airport express. Currently, I see my options as:

1. Live without airplay
2. Deal with the airport's flimsy connection to my power strip
3. Buy a long-ass cord to swap onto the airport, like the one I use for my macbook pro.

Any other thoughts? Thanks!

dolver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Interesting - do you think that is more physically stable than the regular plug?

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
The TwelveSouth device I've seen them at the Toronto Apple store will just make the AirPort express larger and more likely to fall out of the wall.

Just use an electric razor extension cord or one like this. (Apple uses these on their Magsafe power supplies)
images

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.