airport express, power outage, can't connect

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mattyusmc, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Mattyusmc macrumors newbie

well i've had my mac for about 5 months now, its a OS X 10.5.8 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067MHz DDR3. I have an AX and it has worked flawlessly until about an hour ago. The power in my barracks went out, (im a Marine by the way) and all of a sudden i can't connect. I've tried resetting everything (i.e. the AX, the internet, and my mac) many times and nothing has worked. I've restarted my computer, the light is green on the AX, and my mac says im connected, but i can't get to the internet. Any help would be awesome. Thank you!

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

You said you tried resetting everything, but have you tried power cycling? It's the universal fix for most router/modem issues.

Unplug them both from power for 5 minutes (a minute may be fine, but I have time to spare 5) and then plug the modem back in and then the AX. Give them a minute to boot up and then try it.

With the AX saying you are connected, but not getting access, it's an issue with the modem (that caused the AX to get "confused"). Sometimes it can be a simple issue of the AX booting before the modem and not setting up properly (though that's strange, it happen to me).

Since I've gotten cable internet, the same happens to me whenever I have a problem I need to power cycle.