AIRPORT EXPRESS problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by greguk89, Sep 9, 2008.

1. greguk89 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I think this is my first post on this forum so here goes!! :)

I've just got an AX to go in my uni halls today, however, I've got the green light on the AX, I've put the IP, Subnet, DNS and domain and all that in, however, when i connect my macbook to the AX, my browsers or e-mail aren't getting anything.

I've set it to bridge mode because I just want it to act like an access point from my resnet, I also want to take advantage of the wireless printer feature, anything special i should know about that?

If anyone knows if there something i need to configure on either the AX or my macbook then please post, thanks,

Greg

2. greguk89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey,

I managed to get the internet working, I had to register the AE with resnet.

However, I can't seem to get the printer working now!!

I've got a HP Officejet 5610 and I've plugged it into my AE.

Print & Fax knows it's there because when i try to add the printer it says;

Office 5600 series Bonjour

I think the problem might be when i try to select it's driver, There isn't one on the list and I've tried to find it within the software packages that are available from HP. However, i tried searching for PPD and .gz but nothing comes up, is there one of the drivers on the list that works with the 5610 as well??

or is there another way of finding the driver within the HP software packages?

Lastly, if i finally get this working, will i be able to the HP software to scan documents onto my macbook?? or will it only be able to print?

Thanks,

Greg