Airport Express question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by downingp, Apr 22, 2007.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

I just recently moved which caused me to need another airport express. I had no problems joining my current network. I chose the option to extend my network so I could have better internet signal along with play music to my stereo from iTunes. Everything seemed to be working great until I started playing music. I was getting alot of dropped signals which caused my music to cut out frequently.
    I decided to change the settings and only use the new airport express to play music through, no internet. However, when I chose this option itunes and my iMac were unable to "see" the new airport express.

Does anyone have suggestions for me on how to fix this?

Thanks.

2. smythey macrumors regular

I had a hell of a time setting up mine a few months back, and I still ocassionally get a dropped signal (Im never streaming more than a few meters away).

To get mine working at all, I set my existing wireless network and the airport to 128 bit security and that finally did the trick. I think my drop-outs may be due to the fact that its behind a big bit of wooden furniture - I read somewhere that you're meant to leave some space around it to get it working optimally.

Heres the info that finally got my problem sorted, hopefully it'll be of help.