Airport express Question?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 350zman, Jul 28, 2008.

1. 350zman macrumors member

I have an airport express and i just purchased a airport extreme. Does anyone know if on the airport express when i use it to connect to my xbox using ethernet i can still use airtunes? Thanks. I have the wireless adapter for my xbox but im not disabling the N because then airdisk will be so slow. Thanks!!

2. 350zman thread starter macrumors member

I also have another question i am going to hook my existing time machine hard drive to my AEBS will it save my previous backups or start over?

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I would hope that it would be able to keep it where it is, as the TM file should still be intact.

TEG

4. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Having just done exactly that, I can say that at least in my situation it did NOT work. My USB hard drive was connected directly to my iMac and a full Time Machine backup was done. The HD was moved to an AEBS and when I pointed Time Machine at it it did not see the backup and proceeded to create a new sparse image and began backing up from scratch. I was really surprised and wouldn't have wasted all the time making that local backup if I knew it was going to do that. So now I'm 10 gb into 275gb backup over the network (gigabit so not too bad but still)... a bit disappointing. :(

5. 350zman thread starter macrumors member