Airport Express Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SouvenirCity, Dec 6, 2008.

1. SouvenirCity macrumors newbie

Just wondering, I have an XBOX 360, and as of right now it's located in my basement. With all the complaints I've heard about the 360's own Wireless adapter, I was thinking of using the Express instead. Just wondering if I put it in the same spot that my Mac's at right now (which gets full bars using airport), if it would lag alot or not. Also was wondering if it was compatible at all with the XBOX

Thanks in advance

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

What exactly are you planning on doing with it? Did you want to use an ethernet cable and connect the Xbox to the Express?

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

You can use an express for wireless for your xbox. You shouldn't experience anymore lag than you do with your computer at the same spot.

You must get the newer express with N. The b/g only version won't do this.

Just have the express join your existing network. Unless you are having range problems with your current network, no need to extend.

Also if you do a wireless file transfer on your network (time machine backup included) of can rapidly eat all of the available wireless bandwidth and induce lag. Regular Internet should be fine as a decent wireless signal is faster than most home Internet connections.

4. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I connect my Wii to the internet using an old Airport Express so I'm sure the XBOX shouldn't have too much of a problem.