airport express questions!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by grooveattack, Mar 19, 2008.

1. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

hi there
    just got me the new airport express, very cool but some questions..
    i have herd that you can set up profiles to save setting for a certain environment such as 'home' or 'hotel room' how do i do this?
    do i have to keep the airport on all the time to save the settins? i just got mine home from uni and it was working fine there, then just now i had to reset it and start from scrach because the computer could not even find it.
    cheers!!

2. kolax macrumors G3

Why do you want separate profiles for Home or Hotel?

No - whenever you turn the Airport Express off, all settings are saved. If it was working fine, why did you have to reset it?

If any problems happen, turn it off and on again, don't reset it. Resetting it puts it back into manufacture defaults (depending on the method you used to reset it).

If you done a hard full reset, then you'll need to set it up again. It should appear in your wireless connections list in its default network name.

3. joey888 macrumors newbie

Airport Express Multi Speakers

Hello, I am planning to get the airport express. I was wondering if you can use 1 airport express station and have different speakers to hook up to it for different rooms. Basicly I want to have 1 airport express and be able to choose upper patio, lower patio, and computer from one airport express. IS THIS POSSIBLE?????

TY!
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

4. kolax macrumors G3

No - you will need more than 1 to do that.