Airport Express Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MarkW, Jun 8, 2008.

1. MarkW macrumors newbie

Hi, I have searched the forums but I just want to clarify it with my setup before purchasing.

I have in one room of my house, a Netgear router/modem - 4 other computers in the house will connect to this wirelessly for internet (3 PCs, 1 Mac).
    One of the PCs is connected via USB to a printer, which the others can access when said PC is on, I want to use Airport Express for Airtunes, and to connect this printer to so I don't have to go through the trouble of waiting for the PC to start up every time I do.

So in a different room to the Netgear router/modem I have the stereo and speakers I want to use for Aitrunes, and I will also plug my printer into the Airport Express in this room.

Firstly, will that work? Can the Airport Express connect to my Netgear router/modem and allow the computers on the network to access it?
    Secondly, can Airtunes be used with the Windows version of iTunes?
    Thirdly, which wire would I need to connect the Airport Express to my stereo?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

I do exactly this, I have an airport express that wirelessly joins my linksys b/g router. with speakers and a printer plugged into it.

You would not be able to plug a computer or gaming console into to ethernet port to join the network. You didn't say anything about that, said it just in case.

to plug in you have 2 options,
    if your stereo has an optical digital in, you need a toslink to mini cable
    [​IMG]

or if not you need a 1/8" (normal headphone plug) to rca
    [​IMG]

and I'm pretty sure it should work in windows.

3. MarkW thread starter macrumors newbie