AirPort Express regular drop-outs.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rexone, Nov 7, 2016.

1. rexone macrumors regular

Lake Weyba on the sub-tropical Sunshine Coast :)
    I use my AirPort Express purely for streaming music to.
    It's connected via ethernet so ***should*** be a pretty darn robust connection yet...
    It drives me insane as it constantly drops-out.
    Music will stream just fine for random times, sometimes a whole day or maybe an hour or maybe 5-minutes before the speakers drop-out for no explicable reason.
    The alert will be "An error occurred while connecting to the AirPlay device “#####”. The network connection was refused."
    When it drops out both AirPort Utility & iNet Network Scanner will show that it is connected without errors.

I'm just baffled.
    How can it be connected & streaming no problem & then suddenly decide that it will refuse connections from iTunes?

2. rexone thread starter macrumors regular

Lake Weyba on the sub-tropical Sunshine Coast :)
    Okay, I've spend way too much time messing around trying to fix this but... now solved!!!!
    After posting I went through the process of totally resetting the device & setting it up again.
    The drop-outs still happened.
    I switched the ethernet cable (that was a serious pita...)
    The drop-outs still happened.
    So I spent ages on google searching & searching until I found this article.
    https://www.appleworld.today/blog/2...port-extreme-fixed-all-of-my-network-problems

I followed its suggestion which I didn't hold out much hope for as I'd followed loads of other simple suggestions to no avail but... I've now had not one drop-out for days!

So in-short... if you are having the same problem switch off 'Enable IPv6 Connection Sharing' through 'Internet Options' in the AirPort Utility.