AirPort Express regular drop-outs.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rexone, Nov 7, 2016.

1. rexone macrumors regular

Lake Weyba on the sub-tropical Sunshine Coast :)
    I use my AirPort Express purely for streaming music to.
    It's connected via ethernet so ***should*** be a pretty darn robust connection yet...
    It drives me insane as it constantly drops-out.
    Music will stream just fine for random times, sometimes a whole day or maybe an hour or maybe 5-minutes before the speakers drop-out for no explicable reason.
    The alert will be "An error occurred while connecting to the AirPlay device “#####”. The network connection was refused."
    When it drops out both AirPort Utility & iNet Network Scanner will show that it is connected without errors.

I'm just baffled.
    How can it be connected & streaming no problem & then suddenly decide that it will refuse connections from iTunes?

2. rexone thread starter macrumors regular

Lake Weyba on the sub-tropical Sunshine Coast :)
    Okay, I've spend way too much time messing around trying to fix this but... now solved!!!!
    After posting I went through the process of totally resetting the device & setting it up again.
    The drop-outs still happened.
    I switched the ethernet cable (that was a serious pita...)
    The drop-outs still happened.
    So I spent ages on google searching & searching until I found this article.
    https://www.appleworld.today/blog/2...port-extreme-fixed-all-of-my-network-problems

I followed its suggestion which I didn't hold out much hope for as I'd followed loads of other simple suggestions to no avail but... I've now had not one drop-out for days!

So in-short... if you are having the same problem switch off 'Enable IPv6 Connection Sharing' through 'Internet Options' in the AirPort Utility.

3. EricB48 macrumors newbie

I've been having the same issues for years. On and off drop outs on my Airport Express that I couldn't pin point. Just followed the directions the link and so far solved my issue. Just listened to an entire album streamed from my iMac with not one drop out.

Thank you