Airport Express router doesn't like Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 1020, Dec 28, 2007.

1. 1020 macrumors regular

Alright, I've searched the fora but haven't found an answer. I'm having some odd problems with my Airport Express router. I have 2 Macs on my home network, and one Windows machine.

Everything is fine and dandy until the Windows machine connects to the internet. Then none of us can connect and I have to reset the router (unplug and plug in again).

If I don't use the Windows machine on my home network, my airport router works fine for weeks and weeks. Anyone have any idea what might be going on? Thanks.

2. 1020 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm still having issues with this. I still have to reset my AEBS several times a day when the Windows laptop is on my wireless network. I've disabled MAC address filtering and have deselected the "closed network" option (as suggested on the Apple.com discussions forum), but it hasn't helped.

When my 2 Macs and my Nintendo Wii are on my network, everything works beautifully - until the Windows machine connects. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks.

Settings:
    Security: WPA2 Personal
    Channel: 11
    Mode: 802.11 b/g
    Distribute IP addresses checked
    Share a single IP address (using DHCP and Nat) checked
    WPA2 encryption