Airport Express Setup Assistant software lost...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Manstralen, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Manstralen macrumors newbie

Hi,

I need to re-install my old Airport Express but seem to have lost the cd with the setup assistant. I also don't have anything saved to my computer under utilities as I've seen some people have (might be becuase my computer crashed a while back...). The only thing I've got is the Airport Utilities, which is not enough to setup the AE again...

Does anyone know where to find it??

(My AE is blinking in amber and when I open the Utilities it can't find it so I'm thinking I just need to re-install it again..?)

Thankful for some help!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It come as part of OSX, it's downloadable for windows & iOS.

3. Manstralen thread starter macrumors newbie

where?

Hi,

The problem is that I can't find where to download it... :(

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

What model Express is this? It is normally a letter and a number like A1084 or A1088. It will be written on the side where all the other small print text is...

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You can download the newest version here from Apple. If your Express is an older version, this new version of Airport Utility may not work with it and you will need to install the older version 5.6.

The catch is 5.6 won't install on Mavericks, but there is a work around for that here. Just download the old version and follow the steps on that page.