Airport Express Setup

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SweeneyD24, Aug 1, 2011.

1. SweeneyD24 macrumors regular

SweeneyD24

Hi guys!

I bought the Apple AirPort Express about a year ago. At first i used it only to stream my music! So i connected the AirPort Express wirelessly to my network and that's it, i was able to stream my music without any problem!

But now i want to connect the AirPort Express with the ethernet cable and use it to extend the range of my wireless network so that i can easily have access to the internet everywhere in my house!

I've already connected the AirPort Express and configured it to extend my wireless network and i got the following message* which means i did everything correctly, right!?

"Your AirPort Express is configured to connect to the internet, share a usb printer and play iTunes music through remote speakers using AirPlay. If you're using a cable modem to connect to the internet, turn the modem off, remove the battery if it has one, wait a few seconds and put the battery back in, and then turn the modem back on."

But somehow i still can't have access to the internet at some point in my house!

(see attachement..)
    Normally with the livebox alone, i was able to access the internet wirelessly in room1, 3, 4 and 7 only!
    I installed the AirPort Express in Room1 so that i can access the internet in room1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7.
    Sorry for the quick diagram, it's only for you guys to understand what i'm trying to do!

Can anyone help me fix this!??

Thnx!

Attached Files:

2. SweeneyD24 thread starter macrumors regular

SweeneyD24

I created a new network using the AirPort Express instead and it's working fine!

I still want to know how to extend my network wireless range though!

Please, anyone..!?