Airport Express Setup

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bdsmyth, Dec 23, 2007.

1. bdsmyth macrumors regular

I've been trying for a day now to get my airport express to connect to my airport extreme and totally failed. So if someone reading this can tell me what I should try I'd really appreciate it. Here's the story so far.

I've Reset the airport express
    used the airport utility to set it up wirelessly
    Configured it to join my existing wireless network (i.e. my extreme)
    Manually set the IP/Subnet/Router IP addresses to the same as extreme
    set IPV6 to local link

I honestly can't think of what I'm doing wrong, and the manual is about as much help as toilet paper.

So if someone could help I'd appreciate it, a lot!

Thanks
    Barry

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Go to: airport extreme, manual setting / Wireless / "Allow Network to be Extended"

In Airport Express it should be fairly simple too. Don't have one here so I can't tell you the exact setting.

What manual? You don't need manuals with Apple products.

3. bdsmyth thread starter macrumors regular

That's already been checked since the beginning of this saga. Any other ideas t try? and yeah originally I thought the same as you on manuals. Not so any more.

4. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

You aren't alone. I got one for Xmas and am having a @$@#$ of a time to get this thing to even detect.

5. wendellgee macrumors newbie

wendellgee

I was running into similar setup problems wirelessly, so I connected the base station to my laptop with an ethernet cable. Then I reset the base station and tried it again. Worked like a charm, both in setting up iTunes on one and a printer on another.

Maybe that will help.

Wendellgee