Airport Express streaming options

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bmonster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. bmonster macrumors member

I know that the airport express can stream iTunes music wirelessly, but is there a program available that makes all sounds stream too? Like work as if there was always a headphone jack plugged in instead of just playing iTunes music? The speakers on my MacBook and MacBook Pro aren't always as loud as I need them to be.

2. atluten macrumors 6502

You can try out Airfoil, which should do the trick. You will have to pay for the full version but there is a trial period of I think 10 minutes during which you can try it out and see if it suits your needs. Cheers.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Airfoil works, but I did find the delay to be a but unnerving, but I was able to adjust my VLC to compensate.

TEG

4. bmonster thread starter macrumors member

Whats a VLC? Even with that adjusted is there any lag?

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I was using it to watch videos, and VLC is a Movie Player. It has an option to pre-process or delay audio, it took me a few trys, but at least with my network a 1.8 second delay was all I needed, most of the time.

TEG

6. kolax macrumors G3

Airfoil now comes with its own player, so you can play videos and they are in sync with the audio.

The delay can't be helped.

7. bmonster thread starter macrumors member

Is the delay that obtrusive? mainly the only other sounds besides music are instant messages and stuff :D