Airport Express suddenly DOA???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maestrocasa, Oct 21, 2008.

1. maestrocasa macrumors regular

I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for a fix here. My Airport express was working fine last night, but when I turned it on this morning, the light flashed orange once, then nothing. I tried different outlets, different airport plugs, hit reset button, etc. still, the only sign of life is one flash of orange when power 1st hits the unit.

Has anyone had this before? is there a fix or some chants I can say or incense I can burn or something to get this this working again?:confused::confused:

Thanks!

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Your title indicates that it is Dead on Arrival (DOA), so is this a new purchase? Can you connect to it to configure it at all?

3. maestrocasa thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I guess that was misleading. Dead on My arrival at the computer this morning :-( I've had the express for a little over 1 year. (of course it's just out of warranty!)

4. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Unfortunately, it seems quite common that Airport Expresses fail after about a year. Google "Dead airport express" or similar.
    There used to be loads of Express reviews from people on the Apple store stating that theirs failed after a year or more. There doesn't seem to be as many of these reports now however, so perhaps the later '802.11n' versions are better in the reliability department.
    Mine worked fine for over a year. But I've since upgraded to an Airport Extreme, so no longer use the Express.

PS, Yes the DOA thing is misleading if you had it for over a year ;) As DOA implies it was dead when you bought it.