Airport Express to DVR Box. Possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacPM8, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MacPM8 macrumors regular

I recently got a AE to put downstairs so I can connect a ethernet cord from the AE to my Dish DVR Box. I plugged both ends in but my DVR is not reading that its connected to the AE. Any help would be great! Thanks:apple:

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

it must be a new express with N. the older B/G only don't support this. (the N one has been out for at least 6 months so unless you got it off ebay you should be same)

set it to join network
    select your network and put in the security info
    check "allow ethernet clients"

3. MacPM8 thread starter macrumors regular

It's the new one, I just got it from the Apple Store. How set it to join a network and enable the ethernet? Thanks

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

I'd like to introduce a little thing called The Manual

You might want to look at page 25

5. MacPM8 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, thanks. I happened to swing by the Apple store today, and the guy told me that the Airport Express cannot send out a signal thru the ethernet it only takes in a signal...is that true?

6. waw74 macrumors 68030

You can, I just did a test with mine, it's only on the newer N version though, which is why they may not know about it.

I am actually sending this post through an express that's joined to my wireless network, and my MBP is connected to the express by etherent, and it's wireless is off

Both settings (join network and allow Ethernet clients) are on the airport-->wireless page

You have to select join network before the allow button will show up.