Airport Express to N?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ibjr, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Ibjr macrumors 6502a

Anyone else betting that if "Something in the air" keynote turns out to have heavy wireless focus (renting movies with AppleTV and macbook "air") we'll see the airport express finally jump to N?

2. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i'm going to europe soon for a few weeks and i want to bring an Airport Express with me for wireless in the hotel. I'm leaving on 17th and want to buy before. so i hope they release a new version on 15th. i see no reason why they didn't update yet.

3. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Will your room be so large, cables just won't do? :p

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

no, but my GF is there as well and then we both can work/surf. i'm also going to my parents and they have no wifi, just cable.

5. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Well that's fair enough. I think the Express will stay G though, just so there's a more definite difference between it and Extreme.

6. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

Here's a question...

If you run an Express (or several) with the newer "N" Airport Extreme, does it slow the bandwidth of the entire wireless network to "G" speed?

7. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

so i tried to buy a Airport Express todat at the cambridge (usa) applestore. they were sold out. at best buy they were sold out too. however at best buy they offered me a Airport Extreme (new, sealed, last one in store) for 50 bucks less. so i bought it for $129.

does that mean they get rid of old stock and apple updates the airport lines soon?