airport express unable to add to network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sweetandsour, Nov 3, 2007.

1. sweetandsour macrumors newbie

My airport express was working yesterday, connected to the network created by my old-style airport extreme. I bought a new airport extreme, set it up, and configured it successfully (it's replaced the old airport) I'm able to connect to this network with my powerbook and have full wireless access.

Unfortunately my airport express does not appear in airport utility app, so I can't set it to join the network. I'm running 10.5, have configured the base station to be 802.11n (b/g compatible) and have repeatedly powered off and reset the express.

If I understand the airport utility manual correctly, the express should just appear in the left-hand pane, allowing me to configure it and access the "music" option in the menu. (music option is currently greyed out)

Any suggestions please???

2. ahmed.hassan macrumors member

I think you'll need to reset the Airport Express because it'll still be configured to connect to your old Airport Extreme. The procedure for resetting the Airport Express is on the internet and in the manual. Good luck.

3. sweetandsour thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thanks. I had already done several soft resets, but after your comment I searched for the method to do a "reset to factory defaults" and that has enabled me to configure it.