airport express update?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by doobi18, Oct 8, 2007.

1. doobi18 macrumors 6502

does it strike anyone as strange that the product-life of everyone's favourite airport express has been far greater than basically any other apple product? :confused:

the extreme has been updated three times since the express...

wen do u rekon we will see an update? 802.11n?

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Even lossless music does not require N.

3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Who says you can only use it for music streaming. I would love to have it N and have a better reception, faster transfer speeds, more connections at once three people at once with each a laptop is enough to make it go crazy!), etc.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

We have this thread every once and awhile. It comes down to the fact that the current Express does its job very well. There are two problems as I see it:

1. As a g router, it looks rather expensive now.

2. With more homes using wireless n exclusively, it forces people to use compatibility mode rather than n only.

For these two reasons, I would like to see an n based express (at the same price point).

5. tburns macrumors newbie

I use multiple AE's but they are are just out of range to have both streaming music at the same time. I am hoping n will come to AE

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

n also allows greater distance...

7. macleod199 macrumors 6502

Assuming it has the additional antennas and/or power to handle it. As I've said in previous threads like this, it'll be difficult to cram in the extra antennas to the tiny Express... I'm sure there's someone at Apple working feverishly to miniaturize a N express, but it's a tough job.