Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wfernley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at getting either the Airport Express or Extreme but was wondering what is best for what I am doing. I will be using my MBP while away at the cottage and currently use a Rogers RocketStick for Internet (in Canada). It is a USB 3G Internet Stick. I also have an iPhone which I use for VOIP on my business line. I would like to plug in the RocketStick into the router and give wifi Internet to both my iPhone and MBP. If this cannot be done, I would like to share the Internet from the USB stick (plugged into my MBP) to the router which it would give to my iPhone via Wifi :) Hope that makes sense!

I do have a home network that I would like to use this on which currently has an additional two PC's, a Dell Laptop and a wifi printer.

Is the extreme a good buy for mobile applications or would it be the best buy for what I am doing - considering I would also get GB ports correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.